[IP] smoking

I went to see a Neurologist yesterday, I am being tested for a mitochondrial
disease, but that's a whole other story, anyway, I am a smoker (I know, I
know), I was wondering how many of us pumpers are smokers? The Neurologist
told me point blank, that I will not live to see my kids married, he then
asked if I drank, and I do not, he said he'd rather I was a drinker than a
smoker! I'm sure that was a joke, but he sure scared me, with his comments.
I need to quit. It's so difficult, have any of you quit? Can anyone give me
some advice? Please don't yell at me either, I have heard it all.