[IP] protein pee

hey it is a common question so i will post it tothe list as well and those
not interested can click DELETE........NOW

Ace inhibitors are commonly used to lower blood pressure, but sdtudies have
shown that SOMETHING about them helps the kidneys with the protein,  The
first stage of kidney problem in called MICROALBUMINISM...where they see
microscopic amounts of protein.  This is probably what your doctor sees.
Tests jave shown that if you start the ACE inhibitors in THIS stage, rather
than waiting until the damage progresses into PROTEININURIA, then you MAY be
able to halt the advance...so I say GO FOT IT...It is very well accepted
practice now for diabetics to be put on ace inhibitors, like catopril, there
are others that are beta blockers I belive, such as Norvasc... adn many more.

At first, you may notice being a little light headed due to the
antihypertensive effects for which the drug was originally used, but your
body will eventually compensate for this

When I tell people I am taking capoten and they say, oh my husband takes
that...maybe if you lost some weight, you blood pressure would go down.  I
give them that "look" and say, no, dear, my blood pressure is fine, this pill
is keeping me off dialysis hopefully for another 20 years...."

>  I am quite nervous about taking such medication!

don't be - any drug you can take that can prevent, slow down or reverse a
complication of this hsitty  disease is worth the cost...You have diabetes a
LONG time...if you are just NOW having some protein, I would NOT be that
worried about it and would look at it as dental floss on dentures!