[IP] doctor visit today

I had my normal 3 month check up with my endo today, and he asked me if I
was following my diet.  I kind of fibbed and said yes, but told him I
splurge once in a while.  Told him about my own girl scout cookie episode (I
ate the cookies before bedtime and forgot to take a bolus, sugars were
NORMAL next AM and at 3 am, when I did a spot check!!!), and now my question
is this:
Why should I have to follow a diet?  Ok, I gained 2 more pounds, and yes, I
have to lose at least 10 to get me comfortable again, but isn't that most of
the purpose of the pump, to NOT have to follow that darn ADA diet?  I hate
that diet!  He also said I could request a diabetic menu on the plane when
we go to Tahiti.  No way!  But I didn't have the nerve this time to tell him
that I don't really follow a diet so to speak, I know what I can and cannot
eat, and I am careful with it all.
Any feedback?  I am sure I will get some, and thanks in advance.
Lori A. Willey
First Express Inc.