Hi Charisma...you light in a gloomy day!! I think I have solved the dilemma
as to how I will get a pump...as well as a CPAP machine!! I didn't know
that I have another insurance coverage to use that covers things better!!
And it's the SAME company....BCBS!! My policy that I was trying to hold
onto and use paid a pitiful 50% with a max of $3000 and called both things
DME. The other policy that I was unaware of stretched to include me (BCBS
again) calls the same items Major Medical and pays 80%!! Go figure. So I
hope to be pumping after I start up with the new doctor in 2 weeks (given
the time warp imposed by all the paperwork, etc.
I won't be bothering the helpful people that you referred me
to....hopefully they can assist another helpless person!! Thanks for all
your help!
BTW...my Ex of 3 years just had my van repossessed....long story...but he
was the last contract holder even though I got it in the divorce and have
been paying on it! He was angry that the insurance company is going after
him for about $8000 in checks that they mistakenly sent him for my
bills....so he called the finance company for my van and told them to pick
it up....granted, I am in Alabama and he is in California.....I have an
Alabama title in my name and the court order.....doesn't help a bit...he
was allowed to call the shots since they would never write a new contract
in MY name. They offered to sell it to me for a flat fee that includes
about an additional $1000 for the repo costs!!! They took all my belongings
inside with it and say that I need my Ex's permission to have access to the
items...my RX glasses, etc. Just when does the law stand on MY side of the
line anyway??? Grrrrrrrrrr....(venting)...........Carole Eve
PS...SO VERY EXCITED for you and Paddy!!!! :)