Re: [RE: [IP] RE: Insurance Questions]

>Ted....just to confuse things more.....BCBS is playing the old shell game!

><<<Just to add more confusion to the subject, my BC/BS insurance lists
>pumps,all pump supplies (except insulin, of course) and test strips as
>being DME. I've given up trying to make sense of it, I think the real
>objective is to hide the items we need in an unusual place so the people
>we call with questions won't find it, and can tell us it isn't covered.....>>>

I called my state BCBS and THEY cover pumps under Major Medical...and
apparently the supplies, too!! The same organization calls a pump two
different things!! Part of their definition of DME is.."item must be made
to withstand repeated use...". I should think that a definition would be BCBS
  all-inclusive!! As to the supplies..the woman there didn't quite know
what that was all about.....so at this point, it appears they are under
Major Medical. BTW...I guess a CPAP machine is in my future since it's
Major Medical covered, too! I just might end up on the DB survivor's list
after all!!  Carole (hopeful which is better than hopeless!)