Re: [Re: [IP] RE: Insurance Questions]

"Michael" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > Hi guys!!!
> >
> > I am trying to get my insurance company to cover my Insulin Pump
> > supplies. I am now under Aetna USHC - Ohio.  I have been paying for
> > supplies for about 5 years now and over the years, my insurance
> > company stated that they were not covered.  How are these supplies
> > classified under your insurance plan? Thanks for the help!!!

In addition to what Michael sad, I have a question for you to ask th insurance
company. Have they looked under "Durable Medical Equipment" (o DME) coverage,
or are they only using the old dodge of saying it isn't covered at all by the
insurance because it isn't in the standard list of covered drugs?????

I got this runaround last year when I ordered my second pump. The clerk
answering the phone always insisted it couldn't possibly be covered, until I
finally asked about DME.... suddenly, o probem.

It didn't even seem to phase them when I told them our plan had alreay paid
for pump supplies for a year with no problem....

Ted Quick
email @ redacted

Ted Quick