[IP] Riding high in the afternoon

     OK this just may be a phase I am going through. But the last few days
     between 2 and 4 pm I jump almost 150 points for no apparent reason. I
     eat lunch at 11:30am cover for the carbs and I am within range at
     2:00pm 120-140. Then I test again at 4 to see how to reduce my basal
     before my work out and have been 240-260 I haven't eaten a thing. MY
     carbo to insulin rate has also dropped from near 19 to 14 in the last
     week.  I recently had my wisdom teeth out and have been on penicillin
     for 5 days. Can penicillin make your sugar rise. I didn't think so? IT
     is taking me longer to eat. Harder to chew when your being careful not
     to disturb the stitches in the back. Could the digestion and the
     insulin be off? No pain, funny smell or sign of infection, so I don't
     think that is it.  I've upped my basal rate again will see if that
     helps.  Could be just hormones too. Getting close to that time of
     month but typically if that is the cause everytime of day I run higher
     not just during the mid afternoon. I am just getting frustrated.  I
     can't teach my aerobic class tonight because of it. I tried doing that
     yesterday and ended up at 21 after. Luckily my husband can cover for