Re: [IP] Info on cataract surgery

>I am hoping that some of you can give me information (from a patient's point
>of view) regarding cataract surgery.

My husband Shane had this done on one eye several months ago. His
-proceedure was pretty painless, especially compared with the surgery
several years earlier to re-attach a retina!
-actual operation took under an hour, he was at the hospital for less
than 3 hours total.
-he resumed most normal activities the next day, with a few
restrictions: no lifting over 5 lbs and keep your head higher than your
feet at all times (no bending over). The restrictions lasted a few
-his eyesight did improve, but he also has retinopathy in that eye so
the vision was still limited. However, the eye doctor can now see into
the eye much better to see what is going on with the retina.
-no complications. he did hate doing all the eye drops, but did them
anyway because he sure didn't want any complications!
-since he had the retinopathy before the cataract surgery, can't really
comment on whether the surgery could in any way contribute to the