Re: [IP] Shouldn't nurses have more sense?

Im a nurse so I had to comment :)

It may not have been a real nurse that brought you food. In most
hospitals, the doctor orders any special diet, it is typed into a
computer, and then the food is brought up automatically by kitchen
staff.  Unfortunately the kitchen staff has no idea what is going on
with patients.  If it was a nurse that brought you an inappropriate
meal, then she may have been very busy.  She may be a dumbell
too but that is really rare :)

I dont think many people know how completely overwhelming a
nurse's job is in a hospital setting. Often nurses have 8 to 10
patients each, or even more!  And keep in mind for every 1 minute
spent with a patient there is probably 10 or more minutes spent
behinds the scenes: getting medication, preparing it, talking to the
doctor, checking on blood work or xray results,  taking care of
patients sicker than you, etc.  You can only do so many things in
8 hours and we often dont have time to check everyone's tray to
make sure it is appropriate.  If it is brought automatically by
kitchen staff then you are likely to get your meal while the nurse is
busy in another patient's room so she really cant check it anyways.

Im not offended by the post I just wanted to comment.