Re: [IP] Buying cannulas separately

Bethany T. Benton wrote:
>  I called to order supplies and was told m insurance may not cover
> them because they just sent me supplies in February.  That's great I
> thought - what the heck am I supposed to do in the mean time.  Not use
> supplies? reuse supplies? Any suggestions???????

Hi, Bethany,

Nearly everything can be reused -- you can refill the reservoir and
tubing, and then just reconnect to your site, so you can use the same
stuff for the ordinary 3 days that seems to be about standard for
insurance companies.

Just disconnect, suck the insulin out of the tubing back into the
reservoir, detach the tubing, attach the needle that you insightfully
saved, and refill the reservoir; then reattach the tubing, prime it, and
reconnect. Voila!

Obviously this is not company-recommended practice, but it works.
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted