Re: [IP] Question About Basal Testing

   We do the basal tests on the weekends. Melissa starts with the overnight
one, having a low fat dinner on Friday, finishing by 7 pm, no food, exercise
or bolus thereafter..check bgs at 10pm, 1 am, 4 am and 7 am.....If she's
willing to do so, she might do the afternoon one next which entails eating by
10 am, following the same general directions above & yesting at 1, 3, 5, 7
and 9 ( although she's NEVER lasted that long..this is the WORST of the 3
fasts her CDE recommends & is ONLY handled by a couch potatio day of LOTS of
rented videos!!!)
   The third one is readily done on a Sunday morning by eating nothing,
checking at 7 am, 9 am, 11, am and 1 pm before allowing her to eat....Since
17 yr olds can easily sleep until then, this one is the easiest of all
because it just entails annoying Mom popping in 4 times to check her
bgs....we opted to do every 2 hr checks because there was  a substantial drop
in 3 hours & I felt the need for additional data.....
   Melissa has NEVER done a basal fast on a school day...vacations are
another option....

Regards, Renee