[IP] Mixing insulins

I recently told my 9yo daughter's endo that we were mixing
insulins because her sites were not lasting long (now we are
getting the full 3 days.) He was pretty cool about it (but now
I'm wondering if I shouldn't have said anything.) He just sat in
on a MiniMed presentation and he mentioned this to the trainers.
He said they had never heard of this practice, were "quite
uncomfortable with it", and surprised that it seemed to be a
widespread practice. I have to wonder (for the mixers out there),
do your endo's, CDE's, etc know you are doing this? And if so,
how do they feel about it? How do the CDE's, etc, on this list
feel about it? Is there anywhere that I can find more info on
this (I've already searched the IP archives) to give our endo? (I
found Michael's explanation for the mixing but that doesn't seem
to be enough for the endo.) Thanks in advance! Please send
replies (or cc) to me privately at
mailto:email @ redacted so I will be sure to see them
(haven't been able to keep up with the digests lately.)
Take care, Kerri
"The hearts of little children are pure, and therefore, the Great
Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss."
Black Elk, Oglala Lakota, c.1949