[IP] Info on cataract surgery

I am hoping that some of you can give me information (from a patient's point
of view) regarding cataract surgery.  Specifically, the procedure, the
recovery time, your satisfaction with the results in comparison to your
pre-surgery vision, and possibility of complications. One thing that concerns
me is that my ophthalmologist mentioned that the surgery can precipitate
retinopathy.  I have no signs of retinopathy and would really hate to bring
it on by having a cataract removed!

If you would prefer to e-mail me privately, I would greatly appreciate any
information you could provide.  This only involves one eye and I would have
an implant at the time of the surgery.  If it will restrict my activities for
any appreciable length of time, though, I would rather put it off until after
the spring/summer/fall kayaking season!

Thanks for your help.