Re: [IP] Supplies

--- Bonnie Richardson <email @ redacted>
wrote:

> Marilyn wrote>
>
> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:59:03 -0800
> From: Marilyn Wolovick <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] cost of supplies
>
> Hi Michael and Friends,  I just did a search of the
> archives re:  the
> high cost of supplies and found reference to the
> different form of
> packaging available with 5 sets to 10 cannula parts.
>  I thought this
> might be a good option for me because my tapes often
> come unstuck due to
> a vigorous workout I do 4 times a week.  (Lots of
> sweating and movement
> causes the glue to weaken and sometimes the set just
> comes out
> (sigh).)But when I checked out the prices, they told
> me it was $170 for
> the 12 sofsets (with only 1 cannula end each) vs.
> $140 for 5 sofsets
> with 10 cannula ends.  The math just doesn't work
> out for me.
> I am amazed at  how expensive the supplies are.
> They say they're
> expensive to manufacture.  But I suspect its cuz
> there is no competition
> and they can charge us what they like.  I'd like to
> be able to buy the
> cannula ends by themselves for the times when the
> site comes loose.  But
> they don't sell them separately.  Wish they would.
> Any advice?  Thx.
> Marilyn
> -

>  Marilyn:
> I have been asking MM to please sell the canula ends
> for the silhoutte
> separatel for over a year.  After all the package
> them that way.  But the
> best they will do for me is the 10 /5 package.    So
> I have a drawer full
> of never used tubing (don't ask me why I am saving
> it, other than to tie up
> my tomato plants).   MM told me that they will not
> sell them separately
> until there is A GREAT ENOUGH DEMAND!  So I continue
> to beg them each time
> I place an order, but feel like I am the only one
> doing so.  I hate paying
> my hard come by money for supplies I do not need. I
> have site problems and
> have to change sites often.  Because of that I would
> like 20 canula ends to
> 5 tubing only sets.   Why can't I get them?
>
> So, everyone who has this need, please make noise to
> MM and create a demand
> so many of us can save a significant amount of
> money.  I don't think we
> have to worry about MM going broke over selling a
> few less packages of
> tubing.
>
> Thanks!!
> Bonnie Richardson
> Huntsville, AL
> (RED CLAY COUNTRY
> Where anyone who has a way to get red clay out of
> carpet, socks, clothes,
> etc., would be a millionaire!!)
> [Bonnie Richardsn]

> [...]

I just thout I would let you know that I am paying
cash for my pump supplies right now and I found some
good prices for the tenders II 10 with tubing 10 just
cannula for $169.00 inc shiping and for MM soft set qr
same price but the tender is just $8.45 per set  I
order from Liberator phone # is 1-800-755-7880 hope
this helps