Re: [IP] Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor?

<< WHOA--I musta  missed a couple of posts here.  This exists on the common
market?  Where does one procure one?
Which type of bank would one rob to finance this?  A local credit union or a
Swiss one?
LOL
Charisma :) >>

Charisma,

This is currently a product available only to doctors. They purchase the
device, and attach it to their patients for 3 days. At the end of the
three-day period,  your doctor downloads the monitor data into a computer
and it produces an Excel spreadsheet. I wore the CGMS in December. My
results are on the IP website (MiniMed has now linked to this page!) right
here:

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto/maryjeansday.shtml

You can see what kinds of peaks and valleys occured in-between my
finger-stick tests. I had no idea that I was going so low at night -- I was
sleeping right through it. I have since adjusted my basal rates to compensate.

This is a good way to iron out problems with basals, or timing of insulin.

Mary Jean