Re: [IP] Healthy eating?

Hi Nancy,

I think it depends entirely on the person, not necessarily on their DM
status.  I know I eat WAY more vegetables and whole grains than the
norm.  I also do my own cooking from scratch.  But I think that's because
of the way I was brought up.

I learned to cook healthy meals because my Mom cooked healthy
meals.  That's also how I came to prefer them.

But I didn't learn about Crispy Creme donuts until I joined the IP list
<vbg>!  (Still haven't tried one, btw, but am curious.)

That being said, diabetics are certainly much more diet-aware than your
average North American citizen.  Just look at all the people out there
getting fat by pigging out on Fat-Free foods.  I guess they just aren't
keyed in enough to see that while a fat-free oreo contains fewer grams of
fat than a regular oreo it contains more sugar and just as many or more