[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #35

In a message dated 03/26/2000 4:43:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So, how could the body produce more insulin in a Type 1 due to insulin
 resistance resulting in an oversupply?

Just my take on this, or what I  think I understand to be correct.  A person
doesn't produce more insulin in Type 1.  What happens in insulin resistance,
the insulin you inject pools under the skin.  Doesn't absorb.  Problem is you
just keep injecting more  since it doesn't seem to be working and you get all
this insulin just hanging around, never sure when it is going to decide to be
used.  Hope this makes sense.

Susan (mom to Allie 11, dx'd 8/98 and pumping 12/99)