[IP] Carb counting when going out to dinner

I'm not sure how qualified I am to answer this one, I've only been pumping
since December, but since my kitchen has been under construction since
November, I've been eating out a lot! For me I seem to have developed a sense
of carbos and I am a great guesstomater.  I use take a carbo book with me and
figure out as much as I could then I guess the rest.  Now I'm pretty good at
just guessing.  I would think that fried mushroom and onions wouldn't have
too many carbos in them, but they would have a few.  I am fanatical about
testing about two hours after an unknown meal though, and I promptly correct
and make a mental note of how it affected me and what went wrong.  My A1c was
down to 6.3, so this works for me.  My kitchen sink went in this weekend and
my oven got hooked up last week, so I can finally start eating at home.  Now
I'll have to figure out how to do that!  Good luck and remember practice make
perfect, so maybe more than one order of onions?

      Christine,  Pumping since last Christmas!
"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and
 get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein