[IP] Re: Spiking After Meals

Jose writes:

>Hey hey hey... Wait a minute... Basal Rates are used to keep
>constant the blood sugar, NOT to "kill" the meal. This task is
>done by the BOLUS.

I agree that this is usually the case. Not everyone responds according to
the textbooks though. If I take a bolus big enough to prevent the big spike
I go too low at hour four. The question now becomes which is more important,
using the pump in the "usual" manner, or controlling my sugar? I chose the
latter. Again, as I said before,  YMMV.