[IP] RE:Fast Take Meter be carefull

Just thought I would share this info and I meant to do it a while ago but
been in my own crazy world. But I have noticed alot of people getting the
fast take.We use to use the one touch and it would say not enough blood when
you did not have enough. With the fast take we have allways got a reading no
matter what some times it would be 1.2 or 2.2 and I knew Ryan was not that
low so we would retest and it would change. When we started pumping I phoned
Lifescan and said I did not want a meter that did not say when you had too
little blood and it would still give a reading. She told me you need very
little blood and if we were getting low readings that were not true we were
using too much blood and it will give a low reading.I did not know you could
use too much blood so be carefull not to have a big drop of blood on the
strip. They now have new strips out that have a window for confirmation and
this helps a lot.Just thought I should share that with you all because it
was something I did not know.
Lori mom to Ryan