[IP] Re: Spiking After Meals

I have had a constant battle with after meal spikes. I finally have them
under much better control. I found three things that do the trick for me:
1)  I increased my early morning basals as if I have a dawn phenomenon.  2)
I bolus 15 minutes or more before the meal if I can  and 3)  I drink a glass
of Metamucil after a high carb meal. The fiber slows down the digestion of
the carbs. Before I did these things I would regularly spike to 250+ after a
meal. Now I seldom reach 200. YMMV