Re: [IP] Spiking after meals

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 13:12:37 -0700, email @ redacted wrote:

>  Marilyn Gibson wrote:
>  > I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion about spiking after meals.

One thing that I have done is to give a dual wave bolus before my meal.  If
you have a Minimed pump, you can spread out the bolus over several hours and
this helps to reduce the spikes.  It works for me.
I give part of my bolus based on the foods that I know have a high glycemic
index and then I spread out the rest of my bolus over an hour or two for the
foods that have a low to midrange glycemic index.

If you don't already have it, go out and buy the book "The Glucose
Revolution."  It is an excellent book about the glycemic index of foods.  It
will teach you a lot about how your body works and how different foods
affect your blood sugars.