Re: [IP] Jack: RE: Sleep Study

 >>CPAP machine?  I sleep with one, and would not trade it for the world,
just as I would not trade my pump either.  I also have broken my back
(compression fx L2 in 1996) , but so far the arthritis I have has not
bothered me too much
Hi Cheryl
Just a note about your back....I crushed all 5 lumbar vertabrae 26 years
ago (L1-5) and held up pretty good after I got out of the back brace a
couple years later. The arthritis snuck up on me. A doctor put me on a
prescription anti-inflammatory because my range of motion had diminished
over the years. I had NO idea how much pain I had been in until it went
away!!! Our brain sometimes protect us from the discomforts our body feels!
I am eager to find out about the CPAP machine.....the sleep study was done
when I was with an HMO some years ago...now I have Blue Cross and don't
look forward to starting at square one...and the fight it, apparently, will
take like the one I'm in over the insulin pump!! I haven't even gotten INTO
the fight with the insurance!! Right now I have the "crossed arm attitude"
from my doctor. I am a "bad girl" since I am Type 2 and have wild
unexplained swings from 40 to over 500!! I have followed the Diabetic
Trials routine (on my own against my doctor's wishes...he feels that I
shouldn't have to do all that...just do as he says!) and that is the
closest I have gotten to a measure of control. Seems obvious that a pump is
in order...I have been told in the hospital that a pump is the only thing
that will save my life...stop the mini strokes and DKA episodes, etc. Which
WAR do I concentrate on first? I guess I will have a separate doctor fight
the CPAP fight...better luck that way