Re: [IP] carole/apnea/REM

Andenoids maybe a cause of apnea in children, but as we become
adults that no longer remains the primary cause. I too had severe
apnea and consulted with an ENT doc about what could be done.
He said that I could lose about 30 lbs. and have several corrective
surgeries but still would have a 50% chance that it would continue.
The CPAP I use allows me the best sleep that I've had in years.
Don't let a surgeon convince you that surgery of any type will cure
apnea without a second (and maybe third) opinion.