[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #30

In a message dated 3/24/00 9:29:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Re: [IP] diabetes and anxiety/panic attacks >>

I had the same problem, and I had no idea I was not alone!  This makes me
feel better!  I was going through this vicious cycle of thinking I was having
a low from my long-acting insulin, so I would eat, eat ,eat.  It was actually
a panic attack, not a low blood sugar!  I gained so much weight just trying
to avoid what I thought was a low  blood sugar!

It all changed when I got my pump, and went on Zoloft.  Zoloft was wonderful
for controlling my panic attacks until I could learn to control them myself.
The pump was instrumental because it gave me back CONTROL on myself.  I felt
so out of control on those darn shots!  Didn't know when they would knock me
for a loop. I was a new diabetic, too.  The pump gave me my life back and
more control over lows.  Now, no more Zoloft.  I'm doing great!

Marty Peterson