Hi Rebekah,,
My daughter's pump has flown, snorkled, spent long, lazy days at both pool
and beach, and been filled with sand, all with no harm.  It is not designed
to stand the pressures of depth of scuba diving, so take it off for that,
anything else should be okay.  As far as what to bring - figure out your
supplies (sites, prep wipes, tapes,  cartridges, etc) and double it. Pump
batteries - two sets (in case one is dead).  Two extra bottles of insulin -
the first one is to drop and break.    Also, all emergency supplies - ketone
strips, a few syringes.  A lot of your favorite emergency glucose supply -
my daughter likes the Juicy Junior juice boxes, and a lot of foreign
countries just don't have them, not to mention that you don't want to spend
your island honeymoon looking for a grocery store.  A sugar supply that can
go in the water, like the cake icing or glucose gel, for snorkling /
windsurfing, etc.  And I always do take our extra pump - it's my security
blanket.  She's never disconnected for airport security, and has never set
off the alarm.   Have a great time.

Nancy Morgan