[IP] Jack: RE: Sleep Study

I just answered this questionb as best I could....but I have to reply to
you also! I'm not sure about the tie between A/P and depression but I went
through a sleep study and they found that I had "obstructive sleep
apnea"...severe....stopped breathing 60 times in 2 hours.....I don't get
much REM sleep as a result. But the HMO I was in then wouldn't order the
machine for me. Yes, I was on anti-depressants. If there is a link to A/P
in this...I am going to try again to get some help with sleeping...I have
always felt that it HAS to hurt your overall health and disposition to be
sleep deprived!
Please tell me about the bad and good points of the machine. At the time,
my dr said it was very difficult to sleep with the gizmo strapped to your
face and since I had arthritis so bad from breaking my back...the
restriction of movement during the night would stiffen me up even worse and
cause a lot more ambulatory problems. I am eager to hear your "take" on the
machine. Carole