Re: [IP] Re: Fear (of the Diabetic)

In a message dated 3/24/00 1:10:15 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<   Although I know that my parents worry about me much more than they need
to (especailly since I'm across the US going to school), have you parents
ever thought of the fears that we as diabetics go through?  What if I pass
out while
 driving a car?  What if I go low in the night and no one finds me in time?
What if I go blind or lose a limb?  What if I can't have children?  I'm not
saying that my fears as a diabetic are greater than your fears as a parent.
I just
 think we all need to remember that the diabetics are the ones who are going
to deal with these fears for the rest of their lives.
 Kate,   The answer to your question is obvious I think...Of course, we think
about your fears!  How could we not?
       As a parent, I  think, that when you have your own children you will
then understand that your fears of the things you are dealing with or may
have to deal with due to the disease are the parents fears as well.
     Because of the love they have for you, your parents, your family and
your friends will also be dealing with your diabetes for the rest of yours
and their lives .