Re: [IP] Re: Fear (of the Diabetic)

I believe once you have children should you decide to have a child you will
understand that a parent will always be concerned..that is what being a
parent is about. My son has asthma and allergies and as a child was very
sick. I am still concerned and yes I am well aware fo the fact he has his
worries about his health.
Once a parent always a parent...I think parents should be given more credit
here then what they are. Your parents love you..they know..they understand
and they have thier fears too. I bet you would find your fears are about
the same:) And they will be living with your diabetes the rest of thier
life too..

At 01:04 AM 03/24/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>   Although I know that my parents worry about me much more than they need
to (especailly since I'm across the US going to school), have you parents
ever thought of the fears that we as diabetics go through?  What if I pass
out while
>driving a car?  What if I go low in the night and no one finds me in time?
 What if I go blind or lose a limb?  What if I can't have children?  I'm
not saying that my fears as a diabetic are greater than your fears as a
parent.  I just
>think we all need to remember that the diabetics are the ones who are
going to deal with these fears for the rest of their lives.