Re: [IP] To PARENTS--a LONG post about fear

Charisma wrote:

<<Never forget the day, about two months after he was dx'd I got us on the
for a long day out, a fun one, and halfway to town realized I had no D
supplies; or the day I got us up and proceeded with a pre-D normal day.  He
ate no breakfast,  we snacked  until about 1pm when I SUDDENLY
remembered---HE IS DIABETIC!!!!  AAAAAA  It had completely slipped my mind.
WEIRD sensation.>>

Charisma don't feel bad.  This stuff happens to all of us.  While I don't
have a child with D, I have it, and have for nearly 37 years.  We all forget
things, especially when things are going right or we just have so much on
our minds, they can't take one more thing to remember.  I think about the
time, not too long ago, that we made a trip 3 hours away to visit my
daughter at college.  On the way home we stopped at a restaurant to have
dinner (we were still about 2 hours from home at this time) and I went to
the restroom to take my dinner-time injection.  Imagine my surprise when I
got the syringe out and looked in my purse for my little case that I keep my
insulin in.  IT WASN'T THERE!  I had actually forgotten to put it in my
purse!  When I got home, yes there it was, lying on the counter where I had
left it when I got distracted during the process of getting ready to go.
So, we all do this, we are only human and not perfect after all.  Don't
expect too much from yourself, it is a tough job and give yourself credit
for doing a good one and forget the little lapses of memory and the
mistakes.  I know it's hard, there are days when I wish it hadn't happened
to me, but it did and I just gotta make the best of it.

>From what I have seen of you here, Charisma, you definitely are not a "bad
mother" in fact, I gotta hand it to you, you've done all you can to ensure
that your son has as normal and healthy a life as possible.  That makes you
an excellent mother!  :)

Type 1 for nearly 37 years, still waiting for insurance approval...