Re: [IP] Pumping misconceptions

A real hoot aboutpump misconceptions was what my family doctor said about it. I was in a pump research study, and had asked for a letter from her for my insurance company so I could have my own pump.

She wanted to see the beastie (study pump), so I showed it to her, explaining about how I set the basals and boluses. Then she said, "And the doctor changes the insertion set every couple of days?" Turns out I was her first pumper, and she had no knowledge of pumping, other that the fact that it existed.

Diane  (type II 8/85  pumper 9/99)