[IP] Pumping misconceptions

Also, many don't consider the pump because they think it involves an
operation, and a permanent, irreversible connection to a machine.  When my
daughter began, so many people asked me when was her "operation".  When I
first suggested the pump (for my dau.) to my husband, he said no, thinking
the same thing.  When I explained it was just a small insert under the skin,
that it could be tried and put away at any time, then he was all for it.
Many think of it as a permanent shunt (like dialysis) of some kind, which is
pretty frightening.  Holly