[IP] Drugstore Profits

Ricky,
This is my opinion and I am entitled to it...
Don't you get sucked into that pharmacy's line......you didn't make them
sign the contract with the insurance company.   That was their
choice....Think of all the supplies we get.  The quantity and volume of my
prescriptions and supplies makes my drugstore love me.   If your pharmacy
is complaining about your buying strips from them call Minimed and order
directly from them.  I do and it is actually cheaper and they love my
orders and I KNOW they make profits from it.

HMOs and Managed Care of Insurance companies are ruling our health and
causing more problems than solutions.    I was happy that Walmart broke
their contract with BCBS because of the contract amounts allowed.  I am
thrilled that a large group of doctors are forming a union to regain
control of treatments for patients.

AND I am so grateful that I have insurance, even though I don't have a
prescription card, I know I would be dead without insurance cause I could
not afford to take care of my health without it.

Find another pharmacy rather than allow this one to make you feel guilty
about buying from them!! Geez!
Bonnie Richardson
>snip  From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] We make pharmacies lose money???

I went to the drugstore today to get strips and insulin.  As the
pharmacist was passing me my 3 boxes of test strips, he told me
that pharmacies only get $40 reimbursed from my insurance
company plus my $5 copay because of the way the
insurance/pharmacy contracts work.  He went on to tell me that
the additional cost is a loss for the store, and that a "few patients
like you" are bad news for small pharmacies.  To make it even
worse, he went on to say how some peoples pay bonuses were
bases on the store's profit and losses.

Well! That was news for me! It also made me feel like a big fat
loser, like *I* was going to make the store go bankrupt or
something, and taking away from peoples salaries.  I almost
wonder if he was politely asking me not to come back.  I left feeling
a bit guilty over something I have no control over.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Ricky