Re: [IP] Static & Minimed -- related question

Suzie, The magnetic field put out by an electric blanket is sooo small, you
could hardly measure it if you tried.  And even if it was large, it would
have no effect on our pumps.  However, the very real potential with an
electric blanket is that the heat can denature the insulin lessening its
potency substantially.  Not so much the insulin in the syringe, but more
the insulin in the tubing!   For me, the tubing holds almost a whole day's
worth of insulin, and I've had a heated mattress pad do some serious
damage.  Don't use it anymore except to prewarm the bed.

<Hi.  I am wondering if the magnetic field caused by an electric blanket
<could have an effect on the pump.  Just a thought.