From: Fran Baumgartner <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 8:09 PM
Subject: [IP] Cat's vs Paramedics

Hi,

I just had to share my adventure today.

At 2:00 PM I test and I was 52, felt ok drank juice and ate 2 fat free
cookies, 30 grams of carb total.  So I go back to the computer to start
emailing.  Hmm, all of sudden I don't feel not so right, so I sit down and
think OK, I'll wait 20 minutes and then re test.  A few seconds later I
thought, shoot I am not going to make it.  I tried to stand and fell to the
ground.  I crawled to the phone.  I thought Paramedics, but then there goes
my front door or call my husband (he's 15 minutes away and I have Glucagon
).  Good ol me always thinking about finances even at the worst of
times.  So I was able to knock the phone off of the wall and called my
husband.  I could barely talk.  I figured I wouldn't die in 15
minutes.  Then I just collapsed to the ground.  Four of my five cats would
not shut up.  They we're walking all over me and meowing up a storm.  It
was like they we're saying, "mom there is sprite in the bottom shelf of the
fridge, you need sprite, the carbonation will help you, come on mom crawl
to the frig".  Well I did, I was able to get the sprite, open it and drink
it.  By the time Steve got home I was still on the floor but coming
around.  I swear, and I know it might sound crazy, but those loving cats
saved me and ... my door!  <VBG>  Oh, and thanks to gastro my BS is now 300
plus!  ARG  oh well, that's life with gastro and diabetes.  But thank God
for my kitties and a wonderful hubby.

Fran, who's is grateful to be sending this email.