Fwd: [IP] Overseas flight- insulin pen

In a message dated 3/22/00 11:29:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I would get an insulin filled pen and carry it with me at all times.  I
carry

>  a Humalog pen with me at all times.  It is a lot easier than a complete
set
>  change.  Last thing you want to think about on a vacation is p

I agree but can't figure out how to cover my basal needs with a humalog pen.
My current basal needs are 12:00am .5, 9:00am .3, 10:00pm .5 equaling a 9.4
for 24 hrs.  To use the pen to cover each meal would be easy but I have no
idea how to cover the basal needs especially overnight.

email @ redacted

-- BEGIN included message

Kindra,

I would get an insulin filled pen and carry it with me at all times.  I carry
a Humalog pen with me at all times.  It is a lot easier than a complete set
change.  Last thing you want to think about on a vacation is pump problems.
Anything that may go wrong (hopefully nothing will) the pen will get you
through the tight place until you can get back to normal and the only thing
you have to do is take a shot.  Nothing new right?  Have a great time and
hope all goes well.

Nancy 35 years D 12 years pumping