From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of email @ redacted
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 1:29 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Uprooting a "couch potato"

 Greetings everyone:
     I have admittedly skimmed through all posts related to exercising,
because my 17 yr old pumper daughter wasn't doing any. Last night though,
she
decided it was close enough to prom time to make an effort & she did 15
minutes of running on the treadmill. Pump was off, stayed off for 30 mins
afterwards. At 11:30 she was 85, so she had some cheese ( fat, protein- good
choice to "hold her" ostensibly) and crackers.....At 3:00 am ( why is it
ALWAYS 3:00 a.m.!!!) she awakened me to say she was 58....juice, animal
crackers, bolused I presume ( I had crawled back to bed).....awakened at
270...b-o-i-n-g..... rebound! Took 4 units by injection & left for school...
    Called me an hour later to say she felt funny, tested & was
38!!!.....ate, rechecked, but continued dropping....wound up visiting with
the nurse for over 90 minutes, missing a test & eating a lot of carbs for
which she was afraid to bolus....
    So now I'm curiously awaiting her return from school to see how high she
boomeranged after the low....sigh..
     Anyway....I'm now soliciting the group's input on ways you've
successfully handled comparable exercise....Poor Melissa- felt like she'd
tried to do something GOOD & wound up suffering for it!

Regards, Renee (yawning pump-mom)