Re: [IP] Classroom Testing/504

<<<<<<> The teacher says it is too much work, the
> district said I was too demanding

That does not matter, it is the LAW and they must
follow it to the
> and the attorney said we need an
> IEP instead of a 504!
> Funny thing - I didn't write up the original
> 504 that the school says is too demanding -
their school
> psychologist wrote it up - every bit of it!
Susan - Grandma playing
> Mom to Cory age 10 dx'd 12/28/98 >>>>>>

Unless my memory has totally failed me (possible),
the IEP is written as part of 504. IEP, individual
education plan, is written so the school has to
accomodate your child as part of section 504. I also
had to have a 504 plan written for Ryan (7th grade).
Testing in class was not the immediate issue, however,
I did have it included so there wouldn't be any future
problems. When there has been a problem with the
school, we have always used the approach: This is what
will be done, and you can do it my way now, or after
my attorney calls on you.....
I find that a determined attitude, with positive
"people skills" have gotten us a long way. But, if I
ever needed an attorney, I would have been sure to
find one who was VERY educated re: 504. Good Luck
Rae (Ryan's mom)

Do You Yahoo!?