Re: [IP] Very high altitudes

At 10:18 AM 3/21/00 Richard Aleksander wrote:
 >When I got back down I found the cartridge chamber was wet with insulin.
 >And I was having a hard time controlling my BG.
 >Was the culprit the altitude or the poutine (a Canadian specialty of French
 >fries, cheese curds and gravy, which, incidentally, I do not recommend)?

It could have been both. The change in altitude must have caused a leak in
your insulin cartridge... more pressure inside it, than in the outside
atmosphere. I can't say if it was because a connection wasn't tight enough
or what... although I've flown (cabins are pressured between 5,000 - 8,000
feet) with no problems with leaks. The high carb food probably just made
things worse.