[IP] Re: Genevieve's 1st Hba1c result since on the pump!

> Hi everyone,

Well, we've had our 1st Hba1c result 3 months into pumping.... Genevieve dropped from  8.4 (pre-pump) to  5.5 !!!!!  To tell you the truth, I didn't know what to expect... since pumping she's had the flu (yes, we all had shots and got it anyway this year), and 2 nasty ear infections since assimilation day
(01-11-2000). With all the infection/fever sending her BG's bouncing all over the place and me being a rookie at adjusting her basals to handle it, I thought for sure that the news possibly wouldn't be too great, but we were pleasantly surprised (shocked, actually!). Our Ped Endos (wonderful enthusiastic team
at Yale) said that it is because we are correcting highs/lows much more quickly (lightening-fast compared to our old shot regimen).

Thought I'd share with the group, and especially with the parents of both the newer and prospective younger-pumper-set!

Paula, Pump-Mom to
Genevieve, Age 4 (dx'd @age 13 months, pumping since 1-11-2000) and James, Age 8 (non-D)

p.s. (Michael, picture will be sent shortly for the kids' section)