[IP] Reading of 140 in nondiabetic child

Hi all,
I haven't posted in a really long time.   Busy life with a two year old!
My sister's little boy wanted her to test his blood sugar after she did hers
and it was 140.   I told her to wash his hands and try again and it was 135.
I know it's not that high but she said he hadn't eaten in a while and he is
not sick.  Any thoughts?  She is freaking out right now and I'd like to try
to give her some feed back tonight.  Unfortunately, it's after 5 so my nurse
educator isn't around.  Please respond to me directly as I am on the digest
and am anxious to hear any thoughts soon.  Thanks so much in advance.
Donna Clarke, Type 1 4 years, pumping since august