[IP] Help with basals

Taylor (9) has been pumping for 2 weeks now and wouldn't give it up for all
the Pokeman in the world!!  However his dad and I are beginning to pull our
hair out.  During the day his numbers look fairly good and he usually goes
to bed with a number (at 10 pm) in the 100-150 range, but when we check him
at 12am he is anywhere from 200-350!!  His basals go like this: 3am-9am .3,
9am-10pm .4, and 10pm-3am 1.2.  I do have the Pumping Insulin book and have
been looking at it, but I wonder if we should start the 10pm basal a little
earlier?  We are in contact with the CDE every day to help with the basal
setting, not that we can't try on our own, but in order to show "compliance"
for insurance we must do this (at least for another 6 weeks).  That doesn't
mean we won't try some on our own, I just need some suggestions.

Mom to Taylor (9) dx 3-99, Amanda 7 and Alex 2