[IP] Re: class testing

At 11:49 AM 03/19/2000 , you wrote:
>The very best, absolute greatest advice I ever got on dealing with schools
>and kids with diabetes was from someone on this list (Sorry I can't credit
>you, I've forgotten who) who told me --- Don't ever ask the school
>administrators what they think should be done --- GO IN AND TELL THEM EXACTLY
>HOW THINGS WILL BE.  If you sound like you know what you're talking about -
>they accept it.

I have to highly agree with this one.  When we had our IEP last week and we
asked for testing in the classroom (or anywhere else he might feel he needs
it), we were told there was no district policy against it, however the last
word on the issue lies with the principal.  The principal said no!  You
have to understand this person is also my boss.  I said that I did not want
to show her any disrespect, but what qualifies her to make a medical
decision, since this is a medical necessity.  Needless to say, be the time
we were done, my son will now be able to test in his school.  Now to deal
with the middle school principal when we have our next meeting in June.

mother of Anthony, 11, dx 9-22-95, pumping MM 508 since 2-17-2000