[IP] Re: height/weight

I have 2 sons, one with diabetes and one without.  Neither are above average
height.  Both are around 5' 7" tall--ages 17 and 19, so probably won't get
much taller.  The older is not diabetic and weighed 6 lb., 6 oz at birth.
The younger, who has diabetes, weighed 9 lb. 3 1/2 oz at birth.  I've always
heard that mothers of large babies had a greater tendency toward type 2
diabetes, and wondered if the high birth weight was a contributor to his
diabetes, but I think we have been throughout that here before and found no
significant correlation.  I don't think height is a factor either.  All my
dad's siblings have type 2 and only one of them is over 6 ft. tall.  I think
we are all grasping at straws.  Just my 2 cents.

Betsy Smith