[IP] Re: Responsibility

This is a tough disease.  There are lots of emotional ups and downs with it.  Having someone
else to help manage the disease sure does make it easier.  When I was married my husband would
give me shots when I didn't feel like it, he knew when I was going low before I knew I was going
low, he participated in a support group with me, and kept up with all the technology.  It was
nice to have someone there to talk about this disease and to support me.  Now I am all alone and
have only myself to count on.  I miss having someone there, but I sometimes wonder if having him
there taking responsibility was detrimental.  My control went downhill after we split up.  Then
I was in another relationship where we were constantly on the go with lots of hiking, skiing,
running, etc.  Again, control went downhill after we split up, but it was never as good as when
I was married.  I go through all the phases of anger, denial, acceptance, etc. even when I had
someone there, but in the end the responsibility is mine.  It's about making a conscious
decision to take control and loving oneself enough to take care of oneself.

Is there a local support group in your area that your daughter could attend?  What about sending
her to camp?
Bev O