Re: [[IP] Re: the beach]

"Maureen Meyers" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I have a related question about the beach that no one's addresssed--
> applies to the bath too. Do you have to put that little plastic tab into
> the quick release (the part that hangs out of your tummy?) before you
> go in the water? Or can you just quick-release and go in--if so, don't
> water, microbes, et al. get in there? This has never been clear to me,
> and I've been on the pump over a year. Not a big water, beach or
> bath person, so it's not a huge issue for me. Curious, though.

OK, look into the open end of the connector (attached to you). Inside there is
a clear rubber seal, which is mandatory for infusion sets. Once the needle is
pulled out of it it seals up just like the rubber vial stopper on your insulin
bottle. Otherwise it would be an open channel
for infections. It also helps keep fluids in you when disconnected, though I'm
not sure that's really a problem.

Anyway, that's why there's a needle in the quick connect. I know a bit about
Quick connects, I connected to Mrs. Quick almost 29 years ago at our
wedding....and still am, very much connected to her! <Grin>

Ted Quick