Re: [IP] velosulin

In a message dated 03/15/2000 1:51:06 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have noticed that several pumpers use velosulin or a humalog/velosulin
mix in
 the pump.  What is the reason for this, is it that the sites last longer or
 the humalog is too fast acting for some?  >>

I used V for the last 4 years in my pump, and it worked well for me.  But I
think the reason was that I was eating a higher fat diet and the slower V
worked about right to cover it.  I've been eating better for the last six
months or so and recently (last week) switched to a mix of 5:1  Humalog to
Velosulin.  So far its been great and my first set lasted 4 1/2 days, right
to the last drop (didn't mean to do that), with great bgs (like 70-130, very
consistently).  I had a lot wider fluctuations on V alone.

I know some people use a mixture of H and V to get sites to last longer.  I
haven't had problems with bad sites, unless its a crimp, but then I've never
tried straight Humalog.

Good luck,