Re: [IP] Insurance Problem with AVmed

Are you type I? I saw somewhere recently that Medicare covers insulin for Type I only? Since I was initially diagnosed as Type II, I'm more than a little concerned about what happens when I get to those "golden years."

Truth to tell, the insurance coverage part of this disease has caused my more concern than the disease itself! We'll be moving from Texas to Colorado when we retire in a couple of years, and I don't know what kind of coverage I'll have then. Right now, I'm doing great. Pump and all supplies covered 100%. And only a pittance for insulin and strips.

Diane (Type II 8/85, pumper 9/99)