Re: [IP] Inserting sils

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda Culumovic <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2000 10:40 PM
Subject: [IP] Inserting sils

> Hi - I've been reading some posts about inserting sils - we inserted one
> for the first time in Adam (4) a few days ago in the tummy, he put up a
> of a fight, nothing major, and afterwards said it was ok. We changed sites
> tonite, and when my husband put the SIL in, it went in a little bit, then
> he said it met a lot of resistance.  Adam freaked, was screaming and
> crying, said it hurt. So we tried two more times and moved it a bit, but
> could not get it in. We tried ice to numb.  Next time we will try EMLA,
> we do the micros with no EMLA - although he has gotten used to it!
> Any ideas on if we were doing something wrong???
> Linda, mom to Adam, 4 pumping 6 weeks
I sometimes feel like Adam & I'm 46 years old, sometimes you just hit a
nerve.  If everyone wasn't looking, my wife, little girl, observing; I'd
probably kick & scream too.  Sometimes I have to get out the ice,
because no way I'm gonna get that needle in otherwise.  Once I've hit
bad spot, tend to tighten up all over.  May be psychological but every
place I try "hurts".  So I sympathize with Adam!  I use sil's now but day's
I miss the old sof-set, but tended to have too many bad sites!  Have you
ever tried a sil?  My wife & daughter sure run backwards when I sug-
gest this.  Sometimes, you would have to be there to understand.

Ted Humphreys, (feel like Adam)