[IP] Inserting sils

Hi - I've been reading some posts about inserting sils - we inserted one
for the first time in Adam (4) a few days ago in the tummy, he put up a bit
of a fight, nothing major, and afterwards said it was ok. We changed sites
tonite, and when my husband put the SIL in, it went in a little bit, then
he said it met a lot of resistance.  Adam freaked, was screaming and
crying, said it hurt. So we tried two more times and moved it a bit, but
could not get it in. We tried ice to numb.  Next time we will try EMLA, but
we do the micros with no EMLA - although he has gotten used to it!

Any ideas on if we were doing something wrong???

Linda, mom to Adam, 4 pumping 6 weeks